Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Coriolis: A Theme for Fantasy Grounds and MoreCore


Hi all,

I am very happy to say that I have been given the blessing from the great crew at Free League Publishing to share my home grown theme for the Coriolis RPG for use with Fantasy Grounds, using the fan made ruleset "MoreCore"

To see this Theme in action, you can watch the video of a live play session I held during the latest FG-Con event (April 7th) There are also screen shots below.

Over the next week I will make a small video on how I use the Coriolis Theme to get the most of what Fantasy Grounds and MoreCore.

First, here is the link to the Coriolis Theme V1.5 (the main file still says V1, but do not worry)

In order to use this theme, you will need to download the free rule set, designed by +Damian Hupfeld  over on the Fantasy Grounds Forum. So, you can get his free rule set here. And if I could just focus on MoreCore for a second. This rule set, free for anyone, is in my opinion the most flexible, dynamic and configurable rulesets out there. I have yet to run into a RPG game that I can not specifically tailor a theme too. Its really that good, you are gonna love it! Check out the latest updates and downloads for it here.

So, very quickly how do I use this? First you need to download MoreCore and place the MoreCore.pak file in your Fantasy Grounds Ruleset folder. Next you download the CoriolisV1.ext file and place that into your Fantasy Grounds Extension folder. All you need to do now is start a new campaign, pick MoreCore for the ruleset and then pick the theme from the list. Its pretty simple.

So, for the record. I am not a professional programmer or artist. So it is very likely you may notice errors or issues with the theme. If you do, feel free to leave a comment below and I will try and fix it. If you have issues with MoreCore, head to the Fantasy Grounds forums and inquire there. I may be able to help you out here if its something I am able to help with.

Some known issues with V1.0


  1. Screen Resolution: When I designed this, I made the screen resolution based on my size of my own monitor. 1600x900. So if you have a bigger screen size, the desktop background image may not line up. I am going to fix that with in the next week or so.
  2. Dice support: MoreCore supports dicescripts, so you can use dice scripts. The /coriolis script will be functional on MoreCore V1.39 which is due out this weekend. To get more info on how to use dicescripts, check out the MoreCore thread above.
Below is the video of the game, and a few screenshots. To get a better look, click on the images to see the full size.










2 comments: